Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 2: Two Lefts-Corsair

Spilled Gatorade and zigzags:
Tough going today. Towed the sled behind me all day. Didn't get very far; the trail was not maintained, and zigzaged through thick forest, sometimes away from the direction I needed to go. Got frustrated and took a 2 mile detour on why turned out to be a cros-country ski loop. Many lost miles today.afternoon was better. Lunch cheered me up and I hiked with the pack on for the rest of the day, just towing the sled..it felt comforting to have it on my back for the first time. Refilled on water at silver creek and hiked the rest of the trail which followed some Corsair's paths. Camping in a clearing with only a few trees, off the trail somewhere in between Corsair and Pond Rd. Almost to the Monument. Made a fire and cooked a good dinner; stars are still as visible as last night, but I'm tarping it tonight. Hope tomorrow brings more success...
Ps. saw some cool cougar/bobcat prints , owls talking around me tonight and some coyote barks.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vlad, waiting for some pictures from the trail. Post one or two at the end of each day if possible.... Brar

    ReplyDelete