Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 6: Alcona- A Bank on the AuSable:

Today was leisurely day. I left the sled and snowshoes behind..they were loud and I could have used the the quiet and steady pace of traveling with just the pack. The walk was more natural than the previous days in that I was no longer actively concerned with the trail, and just walked and listened. No deep thoughts came though, perhaps the deepest : "If a tree farts in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it still make a sound?"

I crossed through a few familiar places as the trail merged with the edge of the river several times. Stopped to cook lunch at the Gabions Campgrond and stretched out in the hammock; cold day overall.
With no particular endpoint tonight, I walked until I found one I liked: a tall bank on a bend of the AuSable. Prepped a few trees and made a nice fire that's still burning hot as I lay beside it.

Two owls came to visit during dinner and the circled, calling to each other, likely in regards to what the heck I was doing there. Tomorrow, I head to McKinley where I'll meet my dad for the first time since the start of trip...

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Vlad!! It appears that you are close to completing 25% of your Trek. BTW, have you heard any tree farts?

    Keep on Trekking!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete